Psychotherapy to heal problems
Psychotherapy also refer as “talk therapy” is a professional centered on healing people by learning through their problems and solving them by consultation. It is a process used when people go through difficult period of time or facing stress from personal, work related, emotional or career problems. There are some exceptions to different cases but most of the time, there is no particular harm in visiting a psychotherapist, even if a person is not certain whether to visit a therapist or not, a regular psychology checkup will help understand the mental health situation of each individual properly.
How Psychotherapy will help individuals?
There are different exceptions to the rule, but generally psychotherapy help to reduce following from the patient.
- A psychotherapist help understand the emotions, ideas and behavior to reduce depression.
- Therapist will identify the main cause of the problem by consultation and suggest a long term solution for individual having practical life problems.
- Psychotherapy look into the way of how individual think and change the way of thinking if that is what affecting individual’s life.
- Help in controlling the life and regaining the confidence to make decisions
- Help in learning “how to solve particular or general problem”
Benefits of Psychotherapy
There are benefits that an individual patient may take from psychotherapy, these benefits vary with respect to the patient and the level of psychological disorders or problems the patient may have. In most of the cases an individual is benefited in following manner from psychological therapy.
- Patient will be able to understand the problem, set life goals and life a better life
- Individual will develop skills to be more social in society
- Individuals will overcome life problems including eating disorder, anxiety and any type of depression.
When you need psychotherapy?
- When you feel sadness, sense of helplessness and need help to overcome it
- Problems keep increasing despite making efforts to solve them
- When individual find difficult to concentrate or carryout daily routine activities
- Feeling worried all the time and constantly on the edge
- Bad actions and activities including alcohol, medical drugs, and aggression are increasing
There are situations when individuals want to stop certain habit or activity but instead of stopping they end up going deeper in to their problem, and find themselves in a place where depression becomes difficult to tackle. These and similar activities can be resolved by consulting with the therapist to have a better life. There are many situations when an individual wants a solution for depression, worries and they can’t be solved until individual make efforts and corner the problem with the help of psychology today.
How long will it take?
Therapy works differently for different people, it depends on the complexity of the problem, and if the problem is complex then it may take longer time than a simple problem. Issues including obsession, sexual anxiety, social behavior and panic may solved in 15 to 20 counseling sessions with the therapist. The recovery depends on the person having the issue and experience of the therapist, many of the patients see change in lesser time. They become more social and start controlling their life with initial consultations.
How has psychotherapy helped people in past?
Psychotherapy has helped people in past to control problems that people find difficult to handle.
Below mention are the stories of people helped by this friendly therapy.
- “I am a college student and it was difficult for me to talk with people, they seemed different to me. Sometimes I felt so depressed that I blamed myself for this problem, but after talking with psychotherapist on different sessions, I became aware of my problem. Thanks to the doctor that I am free from the problem”
- “I work for the government and it was difficult for me to handle my current job, I was always in stress and unable to come out of it, this is when my brother told me to visit a psychotherapist. After visiting the doctor, I realized that I was hiding my problems and that caused me to become non-social and cut from the society. But thanks to this profession, I am recovering and looking things from different perspective”
- “I have 2 kids and I work for a local company, being able to handle home and work was not easy for a woman like me. I don’t know when I stopped sharing my problems with my husband and tangled in a bigger issue of depression, I didn’t know what to do, but thanks to my husband who supported me and told me to visit therapist, that worked for me. I had few sessions with the therapist and now it feels like I am a new book. ”