Self-healing is defined as a process of regaining health mainly directed and motivated by the individual himself. Anyone with a desire to lead a healthy life (physically, emotionally and mentally) can practice self-healing. Our mind and body work in harmony to heal themselves and if you practice these techniques, you will find a way to health!
What are the ways of practicing self-healing and how they work?
There are various techniques of self-healing. Some of them are listed below:
1. Meditation: It is used to clear mind and get rid of all the thought processes by focusing on breathing for a certain period of time.
2. Yoga: Helps to reduce stress, lower blood pressure and improve heart function apart from improving flexibility and strength.
3. Tai-chi: It helps to enhance physical and mental health.
4. Deep breathing: It is a fast and easy way for you to get rid of stress. It also helps you relax and release tension.
5. Positive thinking and Self-encouragement: Always think positive- think about what you want instead of thinking about what you don’t. Believe you can heal. Hope and trust are your best friends. Preserve them for always.
6. Visualization and creative imagery: Brain chemistry changes when you visualize happy moments. If you think of an activity, the respective neurons get activated and the action takes place. The brain responds the way you want it to. Similarly if you want to heal, you need to visualize healing.
7. Proper nutrition and rest: Feed your body with what it requires and give it an adequate amount of rest. We need organic fruits and vegetables, grass fed beef and no commercial additives, GMOs, preservatives or MSG.
8. Be happy:
Satisfy your hunger for happiness and establish peace and harmony in life. Everybody wants to be happy and feel good about life!
Self-healing is a very basic quality of our body. When we mistakenly cut a finger with a blade, in a few days it heals without even leaving a scar. Similarly, the ability of our body and mind to heal the body should be used more than going to MDs. Why apply drugs and chemicals when the body has its .
Self-healing has shown positive effects on depression, bipolar mood disorders, migraine, heart disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, cancer etc.
Self-healing benefits many systems of the body.
1. Cardiovascular system:
- Lowers heart rate and blood pressure.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Improves circulation.
- Prevents vascular spasms.
2. Nervous system:
- Provides a peaceful and integrated state of consciousness.
- Reduces incidence of stroke.
3. Musculoskeletal system:
- Improves posture.
- Strengthens muscles and improves endurance.
- Increases flexibility.
- Improves balance.
4. Immune system:
It improves the power of our immune system to fight against foreign infections.
5. Respiratory systems:
- Lowers rate of respiration
- Improves gaseous exchange
- Helps in various conditions like asthma.
6. Emotional benefits:
- Reduces stress and promotes relaxation.
- Improves memory.
- Helps in various disorders like anxiety and depression.
7. Reduction in pain:
Whatever is the cause of pain, it helps in decreasing the pain.
8. Long life:
Self-Healing helps so many systems to perform well with higher energy, which helps in a long life. But it doesn’t necessarily means that it adds years to life, but it definitely adds life to years.
Whatever be the life span, it helps you stay healthy.