Yoga meditation is the art and science of systematically observing, accepting, understanding, and training different levels of our self being, such that we may coordinate and integrate those aspects of ourselves, and reside in the direct experience of the center of consciousness. Moreover, yoga meditation is a time-proven way of unlocking our soul’s infinite potential. It’s not just a vague mental process of thinking or philosophical contemplating. It is the direct means of liberating the attention from life’s distractions, stilling the confused and restless thoughts that keep us from knowing our real self — the marvelous divine being that we really are.
Through the discipline of meditation, we learn to concentrate within, discovering our center of unwavering peace and joy. Therefore, it is a precise technique for unwinding the mind and attaining a state of consciousness that is totally different from the normal waking statе. It is the means for fathoming all our levels and finally experiencing the center of consciousness. Meditation is not a part of any religion; it is a science, which means that the process of meditation follows a particular order, has definite principles, and produces results that are verifiable.
Yoga meditation is mostly used for clearing and relaxing the mind.
It helps us to ease many hеalth issues, such as depression, high blood pressure, and anxiety, therefore it is also used for curing the same. It may be done sitting, or in an active way—for example, Buddhist monks involve awareness in their regular day-to-day activities as a form of mind-training. Beads or other ritual objects are commonly used during meditation in order to keep track of or remind the practitioner about some aspect of the training.
Yoga meditation is used for attaining:
- Peace of mind, tranquillity, and a sense of well being.
- Better hеalth, better relationships, and a better life.
- Pеrsonal, spiritual and philosophical insights.
- The direct in-depth experience of your eternal being.
Have patience and do your meditation-practice regularly. Every action has a reaction. It is not possible for you to meditate and not receive its benefits. You can enjoy many benefits with meditation. Meditation offers multitudinous benefits for your body, mind and spirit. What you gain with meditation is deeper than the deepest sleep.
The deeper your rest, the more spirited your activity is:
- Meditation de-stresses you
- Meditation prevents the stress from getting into your system.
- Meditation releases accumulated stress out of the system, thereby relaxing your mind.
This simultaneous action leaves oneself refreshed and joyful.
With meditation, the physiology undergoes a change and your body gets filled with refreshing energy. This result in joy, peace, enthusiasm as the level of energy in the body increases.
On a physical level, meditation:
- Lowers high blood pressure.
- Lowers the levels of anxiety.
- Decreases any tension-related illness like headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems.
- Improves mood and behaviour.
- Strengthen the immunity system.
- Increases the energy level.
Yoga meditation brings the brainwave pattern into a state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, positive and relaxed. With regular practice of meditation:
- Anxiety levels get low.
- One becomes emotionally stable.
- One is happier with life.
- Intuition develops.
- Gain clarity and peace of mind.
- Problem solving capability increases.
- Mind gets more focused.
- One can eliminate anger, frustration and stress.
- Attain great power of concentration.
- Awareness level increases.
Other Benefits of Yoga Meditation
- Emotional steadiness and peace: it cleanses and nourishes you from within and calms you down whenever you feel overwhelmed, unstable, or emotionally shut down.
- Meditation brings harmony within oneself: when you meditate, you are in a state of calmness and joy which you further emit into the environment, bringing peace towards your ambiance.
- Consciousness evolves: with the systematic practice of meditation into daily life, your consciousness evolves and with time one is able to experience the higher and refined states of consciousness.
When your consciousness evolves and expands, the problems in your life become negligible. Anger and disappointments become ephemeral emotions that occur momentarily and then vanish. You start living in ‘the moment’ and let go of ‘the past’.
Personal Transformation: meditation can bring about a true personal transformation. As you go deep and learn more about yourself, you’ll naturally want to uncover more about the mystery of life, this universe, etc.
Thereby, you become more aware and more assertive to your ambiance whether or not you’ve surpassed yoga for beginners.
Why should we meditate?
Given below are some of the main reasons why one should learn how to meditate.
- Improved concentration – A clear mind makes you more productive, especially in creative disciplines like writing, therefore with the practice of meditation one can attain enormous concentration power.
- Better Health – There have been numerous studies pointing to the health benefits of meditation. The reason is that meditation minimizes stress and anxiety levels. If we can reduce stress, many health benefits follow.
- Self-realization – Meditation enables us to have a deeper understanding of our inner self. Through meditation we can procure a better understanding of our life’s purpose.
It is accurate to say that the purpose of meditation depends on the mediator – but it is also true that anyone who meditates regularly receives profound benefits on all of these levels – physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
As you can see, yoga works.
There are many reasons to meditate therefore I urge you to try meditation – consider also guided meditation – at least for fact that it makes you feel so good with – or without the yoga poses.
YOGA AND MEDITATION COURSE
If you have been going through extreme stress and you need a means to provide relief from that stress, then you need to undergo a Yoga and meditation course. Though this method of releiving stress is very popular especially in the world we live in today, most people still do not understand the differences between the two and this is due to the huge similarities they share. The reason for this confusion is that both stress releiving techniques are very effective and can be practiced by virtually anybody undergoing stress.
Yoga as a stress relieving technique was introduced by holy men who originated from India while Meditation is another stress relieving technique that has its origin dated back to the Middle east.
It does not matter which of these courses an individual enrols in, both stress releiving techniques are very beneficial and most people who have undergone the course at one time in the past have reasons to be glad they made a desision to enrol for the course.
BENEFITS OF YOGA/ MEDITATION
One very good benefit of undergoing a course in Yoga is that it helps to flush out toxins that have accumulated in the body during a particularly period of time. Yoga helps to revitalize the organs in the body through an act of massage. Furthermore, Yoga is always practiced with motion. This is to ensure that the muscles are gently stretched while carrying out the technique.
In the case of Meditation, one very good benefit of the technique is that it helps to calm the mind. According to reports released by researchers, it has been noted that Meditation helps the mind, soul and body to maintain their balance. Another benefit of Meditation is that it increases a person’s creative ability. This is why most people who have Undergone courses in meditation are always active in their day to day activities.
Another intereting thing about Meditation is that it helps to body to get to a level of total relaxation and researchers have proved that the technique is very good for people who are recuperating from a terrible experience or illness.
Yoga and meditation have also been proven to help to regulate the level of cholesterol in the body and also control blood pressure. Another thing about both techniques is that they aid the flow of blood in the body.
They also help in preventing various types of illness that occur as a result of stress.Some of the illnesses that could occur are Heart diseases. In addition to this, both stress relieving techniques are also useful in fighting against psychological diseases like anxiety attacks, depression and many others.
One similar thing about Yoga and Meditation is that they are very easy to practice and the courses are always interesting to take. Both stress releiving techniques can be practiced while playing musics that have been designed for this purpose which helps to keep the body calm and releive stress in less time.